Tuesday, 14 September 2010

She Believed in Celebrations!



I started painting this little one yesterday, but I didn't like the way the dress turned out. I decided to cover it with some scrap book paper and I love how it turned out.




At first I wasn't quite sure and then I covered her hat with some more paper and added a few scrappy butterflies.



And then I gave her scrappy stockings and some little pansy flowers on her shoes and . . .




I fell completely and totally in love! She has a bit of an art deco feel to her don't you think?




Someone on Facebook suggested that my drawings would make excellent cards. The good news is that I already to make some lovely cards with them . . . now if only one of the card companies would get on the bandwagon and discover them! That would be great! I can see them as unique little figurines as well. I have vision . . . it is only a matter of making them see the same vision I guess!

7 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh i just love all your girls! I have four grandgirls and these remind me of all their funny little personalities!

Bonnie said...

Now is this a card or a painting? This is the one I want to buy, Marie. I love her and have a great spot for her in my new laundry room! What size is she? Is she in your Etsy shop yet?

Love, Bonnie

Diane Duda said...

she's sweet, marie. love the little pansies on her dress. :)

Tracy said...

Too...tooo SWEET, Marie! Oh, I love her pansy dress and butterflies dancing! Keep the dream alive, Marie... you will be "discovered" one day--I hope so for you! :o) LOVE YOU LOTS, dear friend ((BIG HUGS))

Tim said...

Cool stuff.

kale @ tastes good to me! said...

You are seriously talented.

Cynthia said...

No matter how long I stay away and come back to check up on your great talent I'm never disappointed. Thank you for sharing your talent with everyone and I agree wholeheartedly with figurines etc.